Mommy Makeover In Beverly Hills, CA
Why Do You Need A Mommy Makeover?
The changes to the body from pregnancy are not all on the outside. As the baby grows and forces the uterus against the inside muscle wall of the abdomen, those vertical muscles get stretched apart and elongate, which results in a “pouch” on the lower stomach that can’t be fixed with diet and exercise alone. A tummy tuck is required to bring those muscles back together.
Hormone fluctuations during pregnancy can cause the size of the breasts to change. Some women experience extensive swelling, sometimes causing a difference of one to two cup sizes. In addition to the postpartum loss of fat tissue, swelling can cause the skin to stretch and then sag. No amount of exercise can re-tighten that skin.
A breast lift or mastopexy can be performed to remove the excess skin and “lift” the breasts to reduce the sagging. As the body prepares to nurture a child, milk glands in the breasts swell and replace fatty tissue. After childbirth, these glands shrink and leave extra skin. In this case, a breast augmentation can be performed. You can bring your breasts back to their youthful contour with natural-looking and safe implants.
Another result of breastfeeding can be a change in the size and shape of the nipples. Some women’s nipples become larger in size. Surgery can correct this, and with a mommy makeover in Beverly Hills, CA your problem will be solved.
Mommy Makeover Services At Yamin Plastic Surgery®
Dr. Yamin and our patient teams strive for high-quality cosmetic care to fit your goals for your body. We offer the following services as part of the mommy makeover at Yamin Plastic Surgery®.
A breast augmentation procedure includes inserting implants to increase breast size. We offer saline and silicone breast implants placed over or under the breast muscle. The placement can vary depending on your body type, existing breast tissue and desired results.
Consider our breast lift procedure if you want to enhance, reshape and raise your breasts. Dr. Yamin specializes in the newest techniques to leave minimal scars and encourage a quick recovery.
Larger breasts can often cause neck and back discomfort. A breast reduction can help lift some of the weight from your body and allows more freedom for your favorite physical activities.
An abdominoplasty — also known as a tummy tuck — eliminates excess fat and sagging in the abdomen. With this procedure, you can be bikini-ready in no time!
Liposuction is similar to a tummy tuck but only targets specific body areas to remove fat. With this procedure, you can reshape your body’s silhouette to fit your desired goals.
The buttock augmentation procedure — or Brazilian Butt Lift — is a cosmetic enhancement of your behind. If you have tried to plump up your buttocks with diet, exercise and strength training with minimal success, you may want to consider buttock augmentation.
The Max Makeover: Dr. Yamin’s Signature Procedure
In this episode of Slices, Dr. Yamin discusses his signature procedure, The Max Makeover. The Max Makeover is Dr. Yamin’s version of the mommy makeover, which is usually a breast lift or augmentation with a tummy tuck/abdominoplasty.
Recovery From A Mommy Makeover
Post-pregnancy surgery should not be done until you have allowed your body to fully recover — three months after breastfeeding is ideal. It is important to diet and exercise to get back to your optimal pre-pregnancy weight.
Mommy Makeover Cost
The cost of a mommy makeover at Yamin Plastic Surgery® can vary based on your surgical needs. This cost range can depend on several factors, including the procedures involved, the techniques used and your treatment goals. Contact us for a detailed treatment plan including cost estimates.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Benefits of a Mommy Makeover?
There are several major benefits, both physical and psychological, of a mommy makeover. A few our patients rave about are:
- You’ll be able to have multiple surgeries (including a tummy tuck, breast lift, and liposuction) at the same time, which streamlines scheduling and recovery.
- A mommy makeover gives you long-lasting results that you can typically enjoy for decades if your weight remains stable.
- The procedure can correct things diet and exercise can’t, like sagging skin, stretch marks, or breast volume loss.
- A tummy tuck can repair abdominal muscles that were damaged during pregnancy, making it more comfortable to maintain an active lifestyle long-term.
Additionally, one of the most significant benefits of a mommy makeover goes beyond skin deep. The changes your body goes through during pregnancy are dramatic, rapid, and sometimes feel startling. Many new moms find this procedure helps them feel like themselves again.
Should I Lose Weight Before the Procedure?
What Should I Do to Prepare for a Mommy Makeover?
Before your mommy makeover, there are a few things you can do to ensure your procedure and recovery go as smoothly as possible. These include:
- Be at or near your ideal weight: A mommy makeover can contour your physique, but it’s not a weight loss surgery. Before the procedure, you should be close to your preferred weight.
- Practice healthy habits: Surgery carries more risk if you’re not in good health. It’s essential to get any underlying medical conditions under control prior to your mommy makeover. You should also quit smoking before the procedure.
- Ask for recovery help: There is some unavoidable downtime after a mommy makeover, so you should arrange for any help you’ll need in advance. Ask your partner, family members, or friends for help with household chores, childcare, and errands during the first couple weeks following your procedure.
- Prepare a rest and relaxation area: Having a peaceful place to heal will make your recovery easier. Prepare a space in your home with comfortable reclining seating, books to read, and television shows to binge. You’ll also want to stock up on easily accessible snacks and premade meals.
Our board-certified plastic surgeon can give you more detailed information about what to expect before or after your mommy makeover to ensure you feel prepared.
Is There a Benefit to Doing Multiple Procedures at Once?
Can I Get Pregnant and Have More Kids After a Mommy Makeover?
Am I a Candidate for a Mommy Makeover?
Who Should Not Get a Mommy Makeover?
While a mommy makeover can deliver striking results for good surgical candidates, there are a few reasons our providers might suggest another treatment. If you’re planning on having more children or breastfeeding in the future, you should wait until your family is complete to schedule your mommy makeover.
Some factors like high blood pressure, heart problems, smoking, and having a BMI over a certain percentage can make invasive procedures riskier. If these apply to you, our board-certified plastic surgeon can work with your primary care provider to help you manage these conditions before your mommy makeover.
How Long Does a Mommy Makeover Take?
Schedule Your Mommy Makeover Consultation Today!
If you are considering a mommy makeoverin Beverly Hills, CA at dr. Yamin plastic surgery please contact us: 4242355157 or fill out the form to book a complimentary consultation.